Position: Application Specialist
Location: Longueuil and Montreal
Full-time position, 40 hours/week
D-Teck seeks an Application Specialist to join our team in Longueuil, QC. The Application Specialist is the single point of contact responsible for current capabilities, usability and future implementation plans for the D-Teck testing platform and related applications. He or she is the liaison between the clients, business, IT and the vendors. The Application Specialist reports to the Leader, Finance & IT. He or she will interact on regularly with clients, other team members, business users and vendors. The main objective of the position is to continue the development, optimization and scalability of the D-Teck testing platform and applications.
- Act as the IT subject matter expert and a first contact for technical user requests.
- Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts and engage all necessary parties, including vendors, to resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve application defects through root-cause and impact analyses.
- Be involved in IT projects to manage the transition from implementation to production.
- Gather application configuration and integration requirements, analyse and document.
- Provide technical support to end users and candidates.
- Prepare technical and user-level presentations and documentation and conduct training.
- Manage the transition of the business applications and processes in the cloud.
- Create technical specifications and technical design documentation, including process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, use cases and error handling specifications.
- Participate in defining system or application test plans, create test scenarios, test scripts and execute tests.
- Plan, document and test an effective disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan.
- Some level 1 and 2 support; no travel and very limited after-hours’ support.
Experience and Skills
- At a minimum holds a college degree in computer science or a related field of study, with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant, proven experience.
- Experience using and administrating systems and applications in the cloud (Office 365, others).
- Familiar with systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience in .NET programming and scripting.
- Knowledge of databases, querying and reporting under MS SQL or MySQL.
- Strong client relationship skills, highly organized, capacity to multi-task and handle fast-paced environments.
- Bilingual, English and French, spoken and written.
- Has an inquisitive and open mind, enjoys learning about new technologies and has demonstrated the ability to provide rapid solutions to complex problems.
- Is autonomous with excellent interpersonal, listening, communication and writing skills, and, most importantly, enjoys being part of a team.
What We Offer
Located close to Montreal, D-Teck offers a stimulating, flexible work environment, a team focused on respect, communication and innovation, a competitive compensation package, a full range of benefits and free parking at the Longueuil office.
Who We Are
D-Teck is a dynamic, young company that markets a wide range of online psychometric tests. D-Teck solutions predict behaviour through a multitude of information from tests and the power of statistics. We guide clients in developing tailored solutions and in interpreting their data to clarify decision making. Our innovative approach and our use of artificial intelligence to assess competencies have propelled D-Teck to the status of a major international leader.
Our team is young, so there is room for a motivated, proactive person who wants to shape his or her role and be part of the growth of a dynamic company.
Are you interested in joining a smart, passionate, dynamic, agile and highly collaborative team? Contact us!
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected will be contacted.